The SUITS project developed a suite of learning materials (Capacity Building Program) for decision makers and planners in small and medium sized cities to address knowledge gaps and misconceptions related to urban planning measures and to the deployment of innovative mobility solutions and technologies. The learning materials were provided in webinars, as on-line documents and transmitted via workshops and multiplier events.
Capacity Building Program (CBP)
The aim of the CBP is to:
- Increase the capacity of small-medium Local Authorities to develop and implement sustainable, inclusive, integrated and accessible transport strategies, policies, technologies, practices, procedures, tools, measures and intelligent transport systems that recognize the end-to-end travel experiences of all users and freight.
- Support small-medium Local Authorities in developing SUMPs by transforming them into learning organizations
- Make transport departments resilient and responsive to new challenges and changes.
The direct beneficiaries of the CBP are (a) policy makers and Heads of Departments in local authorities, (b) planners and middle level staff and (c) junior engineers and designers working in local authorities.
SUITS CBP includes the following modules:
Each module consists of the following three major parts:
- Instructions to deliver a course (facilitator guide),
- Presentation that facilitator can use in the classroom, and
- Workbook to be printed & distributed to the participants
You can download the courses below:
Module 1: Implementation of emerging transport technologies
Module 2: Introduction of innovative transport schemes
Module 3: Implementation of urban transport safety & security measures
Module 4: Implementation of urban freight transport measures
Module 5 & Module 6 are webinars and could be viewed here
For a detailed insight on the process followed to develop SUITS Capacity Building Programme, you could read the Introductory Document of the Integrated Subject Module and facilitator’s guide