SUITS will develop a suite of learning materials for decision makers and planners in small and medium sized cities to address knowledge gaps and misconceptions related to urban planning measures and to the deployment of innovative mobility solutions and technologies. The learning materials will be provided in webinars, as on-line documents and transmitted via workshops and multiplier events.
The training activities of SUITS target on an individual level as well as on the level of city with a clear focus on (but not limited to) the nine cities participating in the project.
The direct beneficiaries of the capacity building programme will be (a) policy makers and Heads of Departments in local authorities, (b) planners and middle level staff and (c) junior engineers and designers working in local authorities.
Capacity Building Toolbox
SUITS will develop an online platform that will integrate a set of different modules covering the following topics:
- Urban Freight Transport
- Safety and Security
- Public and Stakeholders Engagement
- New and Emerging Transport Schemes
- New and Emerging Technologies
- Mobility Management
- Innovative Financing and Procurement
- Data Management (Evidence and Argument)
- Car Independent lifestyles
The Toolbox will consist of the following three major parts:
- A step by step guide for local authorities assisting them in the decision making process when developing SUMPs,
- Links to resources such as databases and models that are particularly relevant to transport planning and sustainable mobility planning for LAs, and
- Relevant examples and case studies.
The toolbox will be complemented with a Facilitator’s Guide and an open forum where users could comment on its material, providing feedback that would bring it up to date.